Two factors are revolutionizing the way people access information on the job and in their personal lives:
- The increasing ubiquity of smartphones and tablets has given people the expectation of real-time content not just at work and at home, but on the go.
- New internet protocols and presentation technologies such as Flash, HTML5 and Silverlight are bringing apps and web pages to life with dynamically updated stock charts, sports scores, social media alerts, and executive dashboards.
Unfortunately, today’s internet infrastructure was designed to serve static web pages and send data “on demand,” so it’s not up to the task of supporting all of this proactive real-time streaming to such a wide range of devices.
Solace’s high-performance messaging solution helps companies deploy Rich Internet Applications with a turnkey appliance that streams real-time data over the internet.
- Lowest latency, highest message rate web streaming solution available.
- Reduce cost and complexity by handling internal messaging and internet streaming with one unified platform.
- Bi-directional communications with many messaging features and semantics: publish/subscribe, request/reply, fanout, rate control, filtration, and message prioritization.
Ideal platform for deploying Single Dealer Platforms and other trader-oriented dashboards.
- Fastest, most predictable, most robust web streaming product on the market
- Seamless solution for intranet messaging and web streaming simplifies the aggregation and presentation of data from many sources.
- Critical capabilities such as flexible data access controls, message rate controls, and message prioritization.
Multi-player gaming and gambling applications and web sites can improve performance, scale and simplicity of operations.
- Reliably fast information and interactivity lets players act with maximum confidence.
- Peer-to-peer traffic can be routed independently of gaming engine traffic to keep systems responsive.
- Multiple classes of services for status-only updates versus transactions like in game purchases or wagers.
Providers of online marketplaces can provide an ever evolving view of purchase and promotional opportunities.
- Seamless presentation of real-time information flowing between both users and back-end systems.
- Dynamically-updated mobile apps can offer unprecedented opportunities for location-based services.
- Dynamic interfaces let users watch bids, prices and specials as they appear and evolve.
Agencies and firms in charge of coordinating field operations can improve asset utilization and response/delivery times.
- Geospatial routing enables streaming of updated position as vehicles move and conditions change.
- Filtration by type, location or condition helps people see what’s going well and what needs attention.
- Relevant for transportation, logistics, homeland security, emergency response, and military applications.