Information technology has become an increasingly important part of the business landscape, with companies running countless applications to meet the diverse needs of their employees, customers and partners. By streamlining processes, accelerating transactions and giving people more complete and timely information, these applications improve productivity, profitability and customer satisfaction. But they can only deliver that value if they can interact and share information in a timely manner, so companies deploy high-performance messaging solutions to tie them all together. The nature of inter-system interactions varies greatly, so they’ve historically had to cobble together high-performance messaging products from different vendors to achieve their goals.
Solace’s Messaging Solution
Solace transforms the economics and performance of IT infrastructure by performing all kinds of high-performance messaging in turnkey appliances that feature best-of-breed performance in all areas, a common API, and unified administration.
Solace’s hardware-based high-performance messaging solutions feature unprecedented performance, reliability and manageability.
Introduction to Solace’s Unified Messaging Platform
Kinds of Messaging
- Reliable messaging: Solace’s high-fanout messaging solution delivers consistently low latency even at very high volume, and its appliance form factor makes it easy to expand capacity.
- Ultra-low-latency messaging: Solace’s low-latency messaging solution offers extremely low latency with consistency software can’t touch.
- Guaranteed messaging: Solace uses patented approach to message queuing that enables guaranteed messaging an order of magnitude faster than software-based alternatives.
- JMS messaging: Solace’s hardware-based JMS broker enables JMS messaging with better performance, robustness and scalability than software-based brokers.
- IPC Shared Memory Messaging: For scenarios where running multiple applications on a single server is possible, Solace supports IPC-based shared memory messaging with average latency under 500 nanoseconds.
Solace’s Unicast Advantage
By embedding support for point-to-point ‘unicast’ distribution into purpose-built hardware, Solace has overcome the limitations of multicast, specifically the risk of multicast storms, the impact misbehaving clients can have on the system as a whole, and the need to have clients filter out unwanted messages. This means Solace enables point-to-point distribution over TCP with performance, resilience, scalability and manageability superior to multicast.
To learn more, watch this brief video or read The Advantages of Using Hardware- based TCP Fanout for Enterprise and Low Latency Messaging a whitepaper that explains in detail how Solace’s solution enables high-throughput low-latency message delivery with TCP.